2.26.2012

These no bake peanut butter balls are ALL over Pinterest right now. After drooling over them for a few weeks I had to dive in and try them out! Needless to say, in three days, I've made five batches! My hubby loves them and they are a super easy fast snack for people on the go!

For the past week, I have been altering the recipe and using various nut butters and other ingredients. The almond butter tastes very strong so I settled with half almond butter and half peanut butter. I also used dark chocolate chips. All in all, my suggestion is to stick with what works- and Maggie at Smashed Peas and Carrots has this recipe down to a science!

Here are a few tips and tricks before you get started
1. Double the recipe!
2. Wet your hands when rolling these into balls (keeps the pb from sticking to you)
3. They go great with coffee in the morning
3. Did I say double the recipe? :)



No-Bake Energy Bites 
(makes 18-20 bites)

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.  Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment